May 8, 2008

Today's Spam Salad - 5/8/08

Subject:
r u looking to BUY Bacheelor/MasteerMBA/Doctoraate dip1omas? read more her zpcm khb tb {from 'Doug Andersen'}

Body:
"We can assist with Diplomas from prestigious universities based on your present knowledge and LifeExperience.

No required examination, tests, classes, books, or interviews.

Bacheelor, MasteerMBA, and Doctoraate diplomas available in the field of your choice -
that's right, you can become a Doctor and receive all the benefits that comes with it!

Diploma/Certificate Valid in all countries

No one is turned down
Confidentiality assured
CALL US 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK

For US: 1-000-555-1212
Outside US: +1-000-555-1212

"Just leave your NAME & PHONE NO. (with CountryCode)" in the voicemail

Please call today!!
"

_______________________________________________

Today's spam starts with a subject that seems sort of, well, contrary to the purpose of the message itself. I mean, if you're trying to offer me some sort of 'Doctoraate dip1omas'...I'd think that spelling might be something useful. I guess if you're just BUYING a piece of paper saying you're educated versus actually BEING educated you may not care.

I do like the fact that there's no 'required examination, tests, classes, books, or interviews.' So, basically, it sounds like I pay you, do nothing, and POOF!

I think I'd like to be a doctor of flatulation. Perhaps a B.S. in time wasted? Maybe a 'MasteerMBA' in words gone to the wrong side of the tracks and spelled incorrectly?

Valid in all countries, eh? Yeah, sure. I'm sure they're 'Valid' but probably not accepted by any employer at any latitude or longitude.

I'll just be leaving you NOTHING 'in the voicemail'. You get nothing nasty spammer. I, of course, changed the phone numbers in my quote o' the spam message. I don't actually want the spammers to be able to get any calls, after all!




Spammers have a degree in dumb.

No comments: